Team Bushbells Today
Introducing a new sister school: BLUEBELLS
A sister school, BLUEBELLS, was started in 2015, by Mwana. We'd completed our first school (and namesake Bushbells) at the end of 2014, and felt our mission was still incomplete.
In 2015, she had 45 children and 5 members in staff, scrub land and no buildings! She cobbled together make shift classrooms out of chipboard and dodgy roofing, but it worked! We saved liked mad and were able to start building in earnest in 2016 and today - thanks to your purchasing power, we've been able to build up to now:
7 classrooms (two lock up)
An Assembly Room
A kitchen / eating area
A well/bore hole with solar water pump
A grass football pitch/playing field
Land clearance for growing of veg and fruit.
. Currently at the beginning of 2020, Mwana has 114 children, 7 staff and 2 auxiliary members of staff.
We continue to pledge:
- Purchasing curriculum books and stationery.
- Providing desks, tables and basic school furniture.
- Buying all kitchenware required to deliver the daily ‘breakfast’ club for each child at Bluebells School.
- Paying the fees for 11 'orphans' to attend the school.
Goals for 2020
- Build two more classrooms
- Repairs to concrete floors
- Build 10 more desks
- Complete the drain pipes and purchase another water tank to catch rain fall
- Plant another 20 indigenous trees
- Try and increase the veg and fruit production to generate more funds for the school
If you’d like to donate in any way, or would like more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Photos below - show how we started. See our instagram pages or blogs to see updated photos of the school as it stands today (@bushbells).
Bushbells – A Purchase With A Purpose!
You really do make a difference!
Thank you from us all at Team Bushbells xxxxx